Western Regional Blog – BC, YK, AB, NWT and Nunavut
Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for Women with Ovarian Cancer and their caregivers to share their experiences and opinions by taking part in a survey. Please read below:
Recently Health Canada approved the use of Bevacizumab (AVASTIN) in combination with paclitaxel, topotecan or pegylated liposomal doxorubicin for the treatment of patients with platinum-resistant recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer. We understand that the manufacturer of AVASTIN will now be applying to CADTH’s pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR) to approve funding for the use of Bevacizumab (AVASTIN) in combination with paclitaxel, topotecan or pegylated liposomal doxorubicin for the treatment of patients with platinum-resistant recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer.
CADTH is an independent, not-for-profit organization responsible for providing Canada’s health care decision-makers with objective evidence to help make informed decisions about the optimal use of drugs and medical devices in our health care system.
The experience and opinions of people living with ovarian cancer and their caregivers are important considerations in the drug funding approval process. Ovarian Cancer Canada has prepared a survey to gather information from those affected by ovarian cancer and their caregivers so that your experiences can be included in pCODR’s decision-making process.
Those eligible to fill out the survey are those (and their caregivers) who have:
1) been diagnosed with epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer and who have been treated with chemotherapy; OR
2) had a recurrence of ovarian cancer and have been treated with additional chemotherapy; OR
3) have taken AVASTIN as a treatment for their recurrent ovarian cancer.
Surveys can be found at:
1) for individuals living with ovarian cancer – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/avastin2015
2) for caregivers living with ovarian cancer – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/avastin2015cg
1) for individuals – https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/AVASTIN2015fr
2) for caregivers – https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/AVASTINcgfr